28 November 2011

If I am completely honest with myself, being obedient to God is the hardest thing ever. You hold onto things hoping God will bless them, but there is always something in the back of your mind tellin you to say no. Then you say, "God, I dont have the strength to say no. Give me strength", knowing you really dont want what you just prayed for. A special friend texted me today and sent me the verses Titus 2:11-14 which say, " For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good." If your having trouble saying no, know that it isn't even in your strength to do it. But it is HIS grace that teaches us to say no. I wrote this poem a few weeks ago , stemmed from feelings about being a young Christian woman trying to stay on the right path and putting mega faith in Him and being obedient to His will in my life.


Untitled
God, I promise I’ll make it up to you tomorrow.
Another day coming another day without sorrow
I wanted you to be what I imagined you to be,
I wanted you to dream the way my dreams dreamed you to be
My love, I love you and I’m always thinking of you
My love I need you and I’m always leaning toward you
But I’ll never fall
Cuz if I fall I know I’m far from the sky
And the ground is my new high
Impatient in running so in patience I’m lugging
One arm on the devil and another on yours, tugging
Heaven couldn’t be more far away
And the songs of the angels come every other day
You kept saying sorry when I held us back
You continued pace when I headed off track
Leave me be I am like the dust of your feet
Back to the ground I return and again we meet

No comments:

Post a Comment