21 July 2010

Drinking Grass


I sat near my window pane gazing at my favorite part of nature, the rain. Ever since I was a little girl I loved the rain, from the way it changed the color of the sky, to the way the soothing sound would calm my soul. Every time it would rain felt a sense of peace and that God was near. Contentment. I felt stable and safe in my room as the trees swayed back and forth. I could be satisfied with this moment for weeks and not move. Rain ends, sunshine comes back, and so does the stress. I know I have it all twisted but that's the way it has always been. As a human I am always thinking about my selfish needs and wants. I remember me and my brother constantly badgering my mother about what we were going to eat for dinner every day, knowing she had just got off of a long grueling day at work. But what did I care? Human as I am, I am naive. I am no rich person, but compared to the million's of God's children who don't have homes or food, I am very well off. Just being selfish yet again. Still, I would daydream about fancy clothing and material possessions that I thought would make me invincible(Told you I was naive.) It was recently when I felt the gentle tug of my Lord and Savior telling me to stop worrying about such things. Matthew 6:31-33 says, "So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." So what does that mean? It means that God knows all of our needs and he will provide if we just trusted in Him. I felt like the pagans He described. Ugh. It was a blessing to be alive, let alone have things I did not deserve. My health is a continued praise and a daily answered prayer! I smiled to myself as I looked out my window once more. The grass was wet from the rain that had passed, looking calm and replenished. God provided for the grass which does not sin or have salvation...so how much more will He provide for me? Well, I am finding that out each and every day.

3 comments:

  1. Wow.

    You remind me a lot of my cousin, who writes lovely Christian poems too, and she just started a blog, please visit her at http://thecolorsofhope.blogspot.com

    All God's best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much:)and I will visit her page thank you for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post Tiffany. This is a very true statement about God taking care of us. I agree wholeheatedly. I love your work.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete