13 August 2010

A new Day

Lately my faith has been tested. Sometimes I wonder if it is strong enough to withold some of the things that I know must come to pass in order for me to grow. School is approaching fast, and the same old story is on the shelves. Financial Need. My textbooks are EXSPENSIVE. Story of a college student's life right? And since I felt led to switch my major from journalism to nursing, well, the biology books and cat disection kits add up. But for some reason I feel as if I am supposed to do this. And then there is a little voice in my head asking me: Are you doing the right thing? What is the right thing? I know that what I want may not be what God wants. I am still a baby when it comes to my faith and trusting God whole-heartedly. Proverbs 16:9 says "A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.” What does that mean? That though my heart may say I want to do nursing, that I may be headed in another direction? Maybe. Probably. Still trying to figure Him out I guess haha. Continuing to pray for all of you...Pray for me please!

3 comments:

  1. I will certainly pray for you Tiffany.

    In the first chapter of James, he tells us to take joy in our trials. What? A strange statement until you look closer. As Christians, our FAITH will certainly cause trials and temptations. As we PERSEVERE and overcome each trial, Paul goes on to tell us in Romans 5:3 that we build our CHARACTER or spiritual maturity. It is then that we understand the full scope of HOPE in our faith and the fact with that hope, we can overcome anything.

    FAITH > PERSEVERANCE > CHARACTER > HOPE

    Sure, young Christians have hope, but those on the right side of this equation truly realize the powerful nature of that hope.

    Also remember, our Father is always with you. God bless and best of luck in school and with your major change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decisions... decision....I am surprised and excited to hear you are going into nursing. I am a nurse. It is a great profession. IT IS HARD but if you really want to do it, it can be fun and rewarding. I am proud and glad I became a nurse. I think the thing that helped get me through school was the vision that God would get me to the finish line. It also helps to know why have you chosen the field of nursing. If you feel God leading you that way then all that is left is Keep believing and trust...Trust God.
    I pray you gain more clear vision in your choice of a major. Also that things fall into place finacially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tiffany, you will be in my prayers, thank you for praying for me also, very nice of you :D

    I wish you all the best with Nursing. I'm sure it's a rewarding job as Christina knows :D

    ReplyDelete