01 October 2010

October Baby!


Happy October!!! :)

The weeks are going by so quickly that it is hard to keep up with the many blessings that God has in store for this season. I remember it like it was yesterday when I came down to Virginia to start the semester, and now a whole month and a half is gone! I love this time of year; the weather is cooler, the leaves change pretty colors, and I get to celebrate my 20th birthday. But out of all that I can say that we have been blessed with another month on this chaotic earth. To be alive during this time is a special blessing that many people did not receive this morning. It is also a challenge because we all know how difficult life can be. I want to encourage you to stay strong in the Lord. Right now, I am going through a season of loneliness. I am totally convinced that the Lord wants me to himself this semester. I have my friends, and they are very few. I used to ask the Lord to surround me with a whole bunch of people so I could feel loved. But He told me that He gave me a few friends to be blessed with, so I would not get lost in the crowd. Maybe you have many friends you hang with, maybe its you and your best friend. Or maybe you think it is just you. But it is never just you. Its you and JESUS. Right now, at this very moment where you are sitting, Jesus is in your presence and you in His. We cannot physically see Him, but we have to Know He is omnipresent.



I have a tendency to be on my own a lot. I like reading and writing and I am into the whole artsy idea of life. I like to paint the picture of things in my head. One thing I cannot illustrate for myself is this season of loneliness. I did not sign up for that. I truly believed it would be one where I met a lot of people, but it turned out to be the exact opposite (Isn't it funny how God works?) But I am excited for what is to come. I cannot see my future but He can! Today in convocation at my school, our speaker was telling us that in the Bible when people wanted Jesus to do things for them, He would ask them a question. In the chapter of John, there were two blind men who desired for Him to heal them. He asked them if they believed he could heal them. Their reply consisted of two words: Yes Lord. Yes Lord. If you are going through a season like me, and you have no idea why, just say Yes Lord. Tell Him you trust Him and that you know you don't have the keys to your joy, but He does.

Have a good and blessed month. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment